The baggage allowance on Ethiopia Air differs depending on the booking class and the destination.
Maximum weight per single bag: 32 kg for business class, 23 kg for economy class.
Economy: 1 piece with a maximum weight of 7 kg and maximum sum of dimensions equal to 118 cm (46 in.)
Business: up to 2 pieces, each with a maximum weight of 7 kg
In addition, passengers may also carry free of charge items of personal effects for use in flight, as listed below:
- A handbag (laptop bag), pocket book or purse
- A small camera and/or a pair of binoculars
- A reasonable amount of reading material for the flight
- Infant’s food for consumption in flight
- Infant’s carrying basket
- A fully collapsible cabin wheelchair and/or a pair of crutches, and/or braces or other prosthetic device provided that passengers are dependent on them
- One laptop without accessories and attachments
Checked Baggage Allowance
Economy: up to 2 pieces, each with a maximum weight of 23 kg (50 lbs.) and maximum sum of dimension equal to 158 cm (62 in.)
Cloud Nine: up to 2 pieces, each with a maximum weight of 32 kg (70 lbs.) and a maximum sum of dimension equal to 158 cm (62 in.)
ShebaMiles Gold, ShebaMiles Silver, and Star Gold: up to 3 pieces
On long-haul flights:
- When weight system is used, ShebaMiles Gold members and Star Alliance Gold members will receive an additional 20 kg. ShebaMiles Silver members will receive an additional 15 kg.
- When piece system is used, ShebaMiles Gold members and Star Alliance Gold members are entitled to one additional baggage allowance with weight limited to the class of service used. ShebaMiles Silver members are entitled to one additional baggage allowance with weight limited to 23 kg.
Excess, Overweight, Oversize Baggage Fees
Any additional checked bags beyond the complementary is subject to a fee. Please check www.ethiopianairlines.com in the Information/Baggage/Excess and Special Baggage section for current fees.
One set of skiing equipment (one pair of skis, one pair of ski poles and/or one pair of boots) will be charged at the applicable rate for 3 kg of excess baggage. If you carry more than one set, the normal excess baggage charge shall apply for the extra weight.
One set of golfing equipment (one golf bag and one pair of golf shoes) will be charged at the applicable rate for 6 kg of excess baggage. If weight of golfing equipment exceeds 15 kg, the normal excess charge shall apply.
Ethiopian Airlines recommends that passengers provide an advance notice of 48 hours and check-in one hour in advance to use their respirator, ventilator, CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) machine or POC (Portable Oxygen Concentrator).